NANOWRIMO five reasons why I am doing it this year (sort of).
1) Because I’m a slow writer. I want a stick of dynamite to blast me into novel number three while I’m editing novel number two.
2) Because I like the camaraderie of it. Hi everyone!
3) Because I share Katherine Mansfield’s belief that it is Far better to write twaddle or anything, anything, than nothing at all.
4) Because I will set my own goal. Right now 20,000 words seems an awfully big target. If I were to stick to the ‘official’ target of 50,000 I would not even start. (Know thy self. Set yourself tough goals – not impossible ones.)
5) Because I’m a slow writer. The fuse has been lit!